BUNN’S BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS, MYTHS & FAQs
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR BOUDOIR MARATHON SESSION
→ WHAT’S A BOUDOIR MARATHON? A boudoir marathon session (Bunn’s Boudoir on Tour) is a semi-private mini experience, fast-paced block of photo sessions that happen back to back in one day— typically, five sessions per day in one weekend. This setup allows us to take advantage of nicer locations that we might not otherwise have access to, which in turns sets my photography apart from the average boudoir photo shoot that is typically shot in a hotel. A boudoir marathon offers the biggest bang for your buck. However, it will only be hosted in select cities so be sure you signup for my Newsletter, follow me on Facebook and Instagram account for updates.
→ GETTING YOUR HAIR & MAKEUP DONE When you arrive at your scheduled session time, you will be greeted by me personally or my assistant. We will hand you off to our onsite professional hair and makeup artist to start your beauty consultation and finalize your desired look (one “look” per session). Don’t worry about bringing your own makeup supply because she will have everything you would possibly need, including the best sexy false eyelashes! In the 90 minutes that follow, you will be pampered, sipping on wine/champagne, and nibbling on fresh fruit that we will provide. Consider it a mini spa day and just relax and enjoy it. After all, you deserve it!
TOP 10 TIPS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BOUDOIR PHOTO SESSION WITH BUNN:
1. WEAR CONFIDENCE. This will be the most important thing you could ever “wear,” per se. I know that sounds kind of silly, however, it’s probably the best boudoir photo tip I can give you. All you need to know is that you deserve this experience, and that you are every bit as beautiful as the women you see in magazines … It’s true.
2. CUT OUT THE SODIUM. Avoid as much salt as possible the days/weeks before your shoot. Sodium makes us retain water which makes us look larger than we are. Cutting out the sodium and eating clean food (with plenty of water and lemon!), will not only help you slim down for your photo shoot, but will help your skin look its best! (What to eat before your boudoir photography session?) Please consider eating something right before your session because you’ll need a lot of good energy for it— not eating at all is not good for anyone. Try a tuna sandwich, protein shake or bars, bananas for potassium, or hard-boiled eggs.
BUNN’S BOUDOIR PHOTO SHOOT MARATHON FAQs:
→ WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? Anything you want or nothing at all. :) Remember: These images represent your desires; my tips are merely a blueprint of what usually works best with my photography style: bright, soft, and romantic. What works well with this style is lace materials (such as lace robes or face masks), classic and timeless outfits (such as high-waist bottoms or boy shorts, one-piece swim/bodysuit), and things of that nature. Of course, what you wear will determine what your images will look like: If you want to appear slimmer in photos, then don’t wear anything that would give you the opposite effect. Do you have a belly? Then I strongly suggest high-waist bottoms; a scoop bottom will only expose that unwanted area, and you wouldn’t want to pose on your belly the entire time.
→ SHOULD I WEAR MY HUSBAND’S SHIRT? Again, it’s totally up to you what you want to wear, so wear whatever makes you feel good. But, I would be remiss if I didn’t point out the fact that men are built square like blocks, no matter what size they are. We women, on the other hand, have curves and should celebrate them. Finding a “husband’s work shirt” in your own size would be much better and sexier, just add his favorite necktie! Wearing blocky clothes made for men will only make you look bigger than you really are. Men are square (haha!).
TEN BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHY MYTHS DEBUNKED!
1. BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHY IS JUST NUDE PHOTOS: False! Everyone has their own fantasy about how they want their boudoir images to look like and most of my clients don’t come to me for nude photos. I do offer fine art nudity and when I do those shots, I treat them with extra care because the wrong angle can be the difference between a stunning, artistic shot and something trashy. You and I will have a consultation of the best approach to these poses and keep them classy.
2. BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHY IS FOR PRETTY, YOUNG & SKINNY GIRLS: False! This is so wrong and I love that I’m proving it. I have photographed so many different types of women from petite to curvy, and from college coeds and great-grandmothers to women in their last trimester of pregnancy. Every single one of them was beautiful. They trusted me to capture their true beauty and to give them a tangible reminder of a day they felt most beautiful.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR PRIVATE BOUDOIR PHOTO SHOOT WITH BUNN
1. SHOULD I BE NERVOUS? We know you may be getting nervous, but don’t worry because, even though we’re pros at this, we get a little nervous ourselves! It’s really just all the excitement to show you a wonderful time— starting with a little mimosa or wine, and some sweets to help calm your nerves. It’s going to be fun!
2. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WHEN I ARRIVE? When you arrive at your scheduled session time, you will be greeted by me personally or my assistant. We will hand you off to our onsite professional hair and makeup artist to start your beauty consultation and finalize your desired look. Don’t worry about bringing your own makeup supply because she will have everything you would possibly need, including the best sexy false eyelashes! But, please be sure your eyebrows are tweezed and take care of any other unwanted hair. (I don’t Photoshop it.) I will provide some music in the background (or you are welcome to bring your own playlist) while you are getting pampered on hair and makeup, sipping on wine/mimosa, and nibbling on fresh fruit that we will provide so consider it a mini spa day and just relax and enjoy it!
→ WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVATE BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGES & PRICING?
I offer semi-private photo sessions (Bunn’s Boudoir on Tour), or 100% totally private boudoir experiences, including Maternity Boudoir Session and Couples Boudoir.
A private boudoir photo session is available for those who would like to experience a photo shoot and have your own personal customizations. You’ll get dolled up by one of the best professional hair and makeup artists, like Jein King Makeup, and I’ll find locations where we can shoot both indoors and out. That way, we’ll have the freedom to create perfection just as we see it. Whether you’re a corporate executive or work-from-home mom, my goal is to show you that this is something you DESERVE, and that it is quite alright to do something amazing just for yourself. Have a specific theme in mind that you want to do? We want to help you express yourself.
//To inquire about my Boudoir Packages & Pricing, please complete the Contact form or call 503-308-8228.